General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Male Incontinence

Please can you tell me more about this option?
I have just posted a question re a long term Catheter possibility. My father has been told catheters will potentially cause infection and the risk is too high for him to have one permanently. Since he has had the catheter removed he has gone from being positive and happy to rapid decline. He is so depressed he says life is not worth living. He is a big personality and this situation has totally diminished him.

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you are facing. One product to ask your doctor about would be Men's Liberty. If your father has experienced issues in the past with condom catheters, Men's Liberty might be something to try. It uses a medical grade adhesive to stay put and directs the urine to a pouch. It is also covered by insurance. I hope your father finds a solution that helps him feel more confident.

Hi, have you considered using an external catheter attach to a uring bag strapped at your leg?

Rgds
Peter

I changed to using a sheath catheter about 12 months ago . Initially I strapped the bag to the leg but quickly found a small fabric covered sports it one bag that fits in my pocket connected easily through my undies and trouser pocket . It was important in the beginning getting the correct sheath size .. the companies provide all the sample free . It takes me about 2 mins in a morning to set up . Very discrete and doesn’t restrict any time of clothing or look you want to achieve . I have never had one leak blow back or problem Without a doubt it is the best thing I have done in terms of managing my IC and can honestly say I changed my life

I have been using a sheath catheter for over a year . Changing from diapers etc to the sheath is the best thing I have done . It changed my life for the better Happy to answer any questions etc if it helps you in your work