General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Diaper is a taboo

Peterbear, I could not agree more. After 26 years of incontinence, and having to wear diapers, I have never once had a negative comment in regards to me wearing a diaper. I was ashamed, and embarrassed at first. I used to dread when I had to buy diapers at the store. I used to worry if someone I knew would see me, or that a stranger in the store would snicker. This is no longer the case. All my friends, family, and co-workers are aware of my condition. And like I said before, I have never once had a negative comment. I often openly joke about wearing diapers. One of my favorite quips is if a co-worker says I am going to the bathroom for a pee break, I often say "It's always people with bladder control that hold up the show.". That is always good for a laugh. With the improvement in absorbency, fit, and comfort of adult diapers over the years, Incontinence is a non issue for me. And in my job as a locomotive, and a semi operator, I look at diapers as an added benefit. Fellow incon. folks, stop worrying what others think. Diapers are not taboo. Just tape a diaper on, and get on with life.