Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New to incontinence

I am in diapers 24/7, and know how hard having these issues is

welcome

Hi there, your new to incontinence, well, welcome I am 63 man who wears adult diapers for day and bed wetting. I would love to meet a woman similar to me but its difficult. Like people should be together 👍

I know what you mean its hard as heck i deal with it too at my age of 39 and shy about anyone finding out is hard.

I use a clamp, a pad tight y fronts, plastic pants, not perfect but it kind of works for me. I can have a normal urge to pee and that's ok, but also I can fill a pad and not feel it happening. Seem to have stress incontinence
Had Robotic June 2018 then Radiation December 18 to Feb 19. Am now doing Kegel and no caffeine.

I'm sorry to hear that I am new to Incontinence as well, its not something that is easy to manage but I always try to have a positve outlook on things.

I'm a disabled mother. Stokes and progressive MS issues have left Me in a wheelchair. Quadriplegic with other issues. As well as complete loss of bladder & bowel control. Needing to use the adult diaper briefs.

95 days new to incontinence . 73 years old, decided to go with HoLep Laser prostate surgery, for BPH.
Decided to have it done before getting any older and increasing the odds against a better recovery.
Well it didn’t work, so far ! The doctor at Saint Francis quoted all the great statistics, but what I’ve read and researched online are far from his numbers.
I would not recommend HoLep Laser surgery, to much damage to the both sphincter valves. I would also keep taking the Tamsulosin until it didn’t work, and then try something else. I didn’t have cancer—I just couldn’t pee , having to get up 5 or 6 times a night.
I use pull-ups and and pads depending on the occasion. But, I use toilet tissue a lot more. I fold 8-10 sheets together and put in the front to warn me of the leakage coming . I usually only have to use one to three pull-ups or pads a day ; depending on how active I get doing things.
The biggest issues I have that ruins my day is drinking coffee, iced coffee, almost everything but water. Water keeps things normal and controllable. I don’t know why, I drank coffee excessively before surgery and it wasn’t a serious problem. My friend at church and my brother-in-law had TURP surgery no cancer-BPH,and got back to almost normal in two months, with slight leakage.
My suggestion, use folded toilet paper for early warning, even though you could change it 6 to 10 times a day. It’s less problems than changing Huggies and pads, and it doesn’t take as much time or cost as much.