General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incontinence issue

I was incontinent for 20 years before it occurred to me that maybe it could be FIXED!
I went to a urologist who did a procedure ( Pessary) and I was
Dry for …… 6 days!😟
They re-did it and same exact thing happened. So I decided to travel 4 hours to the Cleveland Clinic in south Florida where imaging showed I had all my organs “falling” out. Pelvic Organ Prolapse.
After a painful ( but worth it!) surgery I was healed.
Fast forward 7 years, and I’m leaking again! I could cry!
Even though I’m 66 I went and bought tampons. I heard that the pressure it causes “in there” can stop the leaking. IT DID!
Since I’m not going to use tampons for the rest of my life, I’m going to see my Urogynecologist at Cleveland Clinic in Feb and see if a “Pessary” IS all I need this time. I hope so! It’s quick and painless. Thank God for these fixes!
It was ruining my quality of life. I wish I had known about it sooner.

Re: Incontinence issue

Incontinence started in mid-2021. Finally went to doctor who has sent me to a PT and just had first exam with 3 to follow. Lot of exercises which will hopefully work, pelvic muscles weak per invasive treatment (that is one of my questions - does it have to be invasive?).

This is great but I am looking for a Support Group in St Petersburg or nearby. Talked w/my doctor's office about starting one - they will not cause of red tape required by hospital system. That is so much garbage!

Reading this, I wish you all were where I am so we could have a support group. Best to you all.