General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: how often do you change your nappy?

Several times. Most times wet in the mornings if not usually will be soon as I stand up. Then change my pull ups. Do diapers at night. Several times a day. I also hate being wet

I don't change my diaper very often. I change about 2 or 3 diapers per day

5-6 times a day. It’s expensive and I am totally tired of dealing with urinary incontinence and worrying about leakage, smelling, and cost. My PCP has referred me to a urologist. I am hoping he has something more to offer than pills and PT, both of which I have tried. I have leakage even wearing the pull up disposables. Am sick of having to change clothes so often and doing laundry all the time. I am on Lasix daily which makes problem worse I’m sure.

I have started using pads inside the disposable diaper. That way I just change the pad which costs less but still have full protection just in case.

For me it depends on whether im home or at work.. or out an about. It also depends on whether im wearing a mid-range disposable or a premium. Right now I use cloth almost exclusively so they are more absorbent than what Medicaid provides. The amount of Leakage can vary quite a bit from a few spurts to a flood that can shame any diaper not of premium quality. Thankfully the cloth system I use can easily be adapted for lighter days or heavier days with ease.

I change every few hours if my diaper is leaking or if I pooped my diaper I change it.