General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Useless Forum

Your quote "I would just like to see more focus on the solutions rather than the problems".
Well said, I have been all trial and error. Pads , Incontinence underwear, plastic pants, clamp, incontinence container in car, wearing dark trousers, key for disability toilets, nappy rash cream, small backpack with pads pants etc
You need a check list before you go out.
I am day twenty-five of Betmiga 50mg another five weeks to go, seen improvement re voiding and urgency at night, and perhaps slight improvement re leaking during the day, I leak without sensation, but it can be related to activity and how much liquid I drink (no coffee, tea, sports drinks, chocolate or cola etc)
Must be resistance talking about this subject stopping an all encompassing forum emerging.

I totally agree with you. I've not been able to find a forum to discuss particular issues and proper discussions. I've made a life choice to use an indewlling catheter for my urge incontinence. I told my 8th urologist I will never go back to using diapers or medication that didn't work. External catheters are a joke. I just want a forum to discuss living with an indwelling catheter. Incontinence sucks but it does help to talk about it. I'll keep searching for the right place. Anyone have any suggestions?

I seem to find answers at random rather than through a forum, hard getting information. I have been all trial and error.
Pads, incontinence underwear, plastic pants, clamp. Now I am on Mirabegon 50Mg.

If you have the time, try E-Bay. I did a lot of trial and error re underwear etc. People buy in bulk then find it not suitable for them and they sell the unused stuff.
I buy washing powder in bulk, that you will always use

Even if you take a course of Mirabegron, the timescale is a couple of months, though a few posters have said they got a result quite quickly, that is certainly not the norm.
I am starting on the "Kegel exercises" find it boring but it's got to be done.
The good thing about this medication is it helps the bladder to expand and hold more urine, and that stops you voiding as often. I void about 200ml, should be more than that. once the bladder expands, less voiding, better sleep, less stress.
I have got to stick this course of medication and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then it is a Botox injection in the bladder next, and that, if all goes well will be recurring every nine months or so
I hope this doesn't happen to you, but the incontinence wore me down lack of sleep, lethargy. Managed to shake it of and am being more pro active.

Hello,
Could you tell me the medications that did not work for you and the length of time you were on it.
There is no quick hit I can see, I am on Mirabegron 50mg, still got about five weeks to go.

Hi Molly!

I'm not sure if you'll see this reply, but I've struggled with incontinence my entire life. I'm a 27 year old female. I finally got to the bottom of my issue just last year after a lifetime of questions. Let me know if you want to chat, I feel like I've learned it all!

Your incontinence sounds a lot like mine.. I can go hours between bathroom visits with no leaks and then all of a sudden I flood. I don't have any specific product suggestions since I'm based in the us. I Also have smaller frequent leaks that spurt.

Hi Molly! I'm currently looking for some support and wondering if you found a UK forum?

I have what I have self diagnosed as having urge incontinence. It started about 3/4 weeks ago. I thought it was cystitis but there is no sign of infection , it was tested 3 times as I didn't accept the results.its ruining my life. It comes and goes (sex seems to make it come back ?) I don't know your situation but if you've found a UK group I'd love to know!