General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
diapers

So just a general question about todays products, how many of us have bought a few of the "ABDL" branded diapers to see how good they claim to be. Ive been incontinent for almost 20 years now and have tried so many products I cant remember half of them, but I do know that the ABDL community has helped make huge changes in the adult diaper industry. I dont really care why you wear a diaper or even if you do but I do care about the quality of the products that are in the market for us. I would say that the "usual" companies: Kimberly Clark, Meckesson, Tena, and the vast majority of the drug store and hospital brand of incontinence products are NOT designed for our comfort and instead are designed for there wallets!! Other companies such as In Control(REARZ), little for big, Bambino, Tykable, abuniverse,and even Northshore(which isnt an ABDL company but do have diapers with color and prints on them) have found that adult diapers are NOT adequate today and have made much much better products!! The only medical company that I believe has worked towards making a better product for us would be Tena but most of there products just dont hold up for most of our needs. I would go as far to say the "ABDL" companies are the only ones who really care about how well there products perform and help make us comfortable, I would love to see some legislation passed that forces companies to have an industry standard that is designed by those of us who are incontinent or need to wear these products. Just a few thoughts I have been wanting to put out there to see how others feel about this topic. Thank You for reading/replying!!

Re: diapers

I have tried nearly everything since my incontinence started. I developed diabetes insipidus which injured my bladder from chronic distension. Nightly urine production can exceed 80oz. The Seni adult diaper line has the best tech right now. Stretch tapes, real dual waistbands, adequate leakguards and the EDS system actually moves liquid around the diaper instead of one giant growing bulge. I wear the Seni Quattro to bed with a Leakmaster PUL and don’t worry about my sleep position because it just handles it. The padding goes all the way up front and bac, and the padding is not too close to the edge of the back sheet which can cause leaks at night. The rare leg leak is handled by the PUL which also breathes and protects from any clammy feeling from a breathable diaper. I get a lot of sleep considering the diaper weighs 50oz or more each morning. Wicking is very important to sleeping comfortably, Seni diapers also do not break down wet or dry. They are also a pretty good deal.

I have to agree on the Seni Quattro. They are an EXCELLENT cloth backed diaper...the only thing I hate about them is the stretchy tapes though. Other than that, and once you get used to fastening them with the stretchy tapes so they don't slide down due to being too loose, they are EXCELLENT! I have never had a problem with them feeling clammy on the outside even when really wet. I wear them fairly often under khakis or dress pants and never have any issues with odor or anything. Otherwise, I stick wiht plastic backed diapers under jeans and heavier pants/shorts.

Brian

Yes, I have ordered ABDL diapers in the past. Frankly, most of the products aimed toward the ABDL crowd are INCREDIBLY good. As far as designs on diapers...noter me THA really a fan. But then, many guys wear boxer shorts with funky or funny designs, so it does not bother me THAT much. I am not ABDL...to me they are just underwear. As long as they keep my clothes dry and clean, I could care less what they look like...although I do shy away from pink...LOL!

Brian

Hypogonadism and incontience connected?

I feel the same way, I've also been Incotinate for over 20 years and have tried many brand's of disposables, and I found the REARZ inspired plus diapers are the best I've ever used. But they've become so pricey, it's what I used 24/7 for a couple of years. But because of the price I've gone to the better dry diapers. I also have used the confidry 24/7 which were good also, But what I found out they've gone out of business and shut down.

Brian
Yes, I have ordered ABDL diapers in the past. Frankly, most of the products aimed toward the ABDL crowd are INCREDIBLY good. As far as designs on diapers...noter me THA really a fan. But then, many guys wear boxer shorts with funky or funny designs, so it does not bother me THAT much. I am not ABDL...to me they are just underwear. As long as they keep my clothes dry and clean, I could care less what they look like...although I do shy away from pink...LOL!

Brian
I too have used AB/DL products in the past, both to take the edge of monotony off incontinece and utility. However, most of the time, they are ridiculously expensive, and my incontience is not as severe as some folks on here, ie i have days where I have mostly control. Therefore I don't need to wear a super absorbent diaper all the time. I still wear 24/7 as a just in case measure, since I can never predict when an episode will occur.

One thing for me that is either a blessing or a curse depending on how you look at it, is that I am always aware of when an episode is occuring. It's a blessing because I know, hey, I need to go change in a bit. It's a curse because I know it's happening but powerless to stop it.

Abel diapers are pricey but are probably the most absorbent diapers out there. Easy to ignore childish prints on many of them. I’ve used a few suppliers of these and they ar mostly very good.

I have to agree most designs are just fine but I also avoid pink.

I bought a few from Bambino, Little for Big, and Rearz(in control) to test them all out. I’ve also been using Trest at night lately as these are the most comfortable Ive found. I’ll reply once I’ve finished my trials.