General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incontinence support

I completely understand. I had spinal fusion in July and became incontinent as a result. Totally did not expect this. The past 5 months have been difficult. My emotions are up and down. I want to hope this will fix itself with time but I also know I may never heal. Adding to this my walk and balance have been impacted. It sucks - and I also know the results could have been much worse. So I am planning for a future of incontinence. Am going to try incontinence underwear and washable pads. If they prove successful I will buy more as I hate filling the landfill. The pads come in fun prints so maybe that will cheer me up. Found best options on Etsy if you need to go that route. I am here to chat whenever you need.

So many message boards online support groups are a mess. Not just incontinence. I'm disabled and stuck at home in bed or wheelchair most of the time. I spend a lot of time on the internet. I'm on several forums MS , Stroke survivors , Disability as well as local groups. Spam and political arguments are often problems on many of them.

The re-useable products are decent great for the environment but can be a real pain when out and about if you leak allot. It’s very inconvenient to change when out of the home as you need to store them in a bag and carry that with you to return home and wash. I use disposables when away from the home and re-useable at home. There are some really great re- useable products out there though. Hope you are freed from this some day!!

If anyone here is looking for reusable products, I HIGLY recommend Ecoable's line of reusable adult diapers. They have fitteds, pockets, and pull up style diapers. They even have youth sized products. I really do believe I found the Holy Grail of adult cloth diapers with Ecoable. you can find them at ecoable.net. Hope this helps!

Rob