General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dating with incontinence

Johnathan,

I hope you are doing well. I have had mixed incontinence for a long time now. I have been full urinary incontinent for almost 2 years. I went through the same dilemma you are going through.

Here's my advice. For a long time I thought I would never meet anyone as I've had very bad experiences years ago. When you meet someone and there is chemistry, this will only bring you closer.

I waited about 6 months before I was open about it. We were driving and this gave us a perfect opportunity to discuss. I casually brought it up by saying I have a medical problem that I want you to know. From there it was just stating facts. She was very receptive and honestly it brought us closer together.

Today we are married!

PS. We both agreed to not call them "briefs" , or "my problem" etc. We call them diapers and it is just part of who I am. When someone calls them "briefs" or my "issue" it tells me I should be embarrassed and humiliated. I find talking about the elephant in the room there is no need to feel ashamed or embarrassed.