General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anxiety-related urge incontinence and psychological dependence on protection

Hi! I have been dealing with related urge incontinence due to stress and anxiety. I have had a diagnosis of urge incontinence years ago. I am currently in my early thirties but have been dealing with it in my twenties and early teens.

It is usually managed well with pads and bladder medication. But when it comes to my anxiety and increased stress in my life, my incontinence gets worse. My urges are constant no matter how many times I go to the bathroom, which then increases my anxiety.
It is one of the main reasons I have anxiety.

I take medication for incontinence and for anxiety. I have noticed that when my anxiety is managed well and somewhat in control, my bladder urges decrease. My anxiety recently increased and with that so did urges and leakage. I am working with doctors to change anxiety meds and build confidence back but it very much effects me socially.

I don't usually write or discuss these issues with others but saw that you are having a similar issue of anxiety increasing your incontinence and urges. I do believe there is a correlation between the two. I hope that you are able to get to a place with your anxiety that can greatly reduce incontinence for you.