Van Aken Forum

Questions, Answers, Genealogy Help, Lost Cousins, Search, History

Van Aken Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Web Page for Isaac Van Aken

Article:
I think it would be a good idea to have a section of our VA page for Isaac. We have one for Cornelius and one for Pieter.

If you send a GEDCOM file to me I will make the searchable database for you and publish it on the VA site. If you draft a title page with some information like 1. where his descendents went 2. line to you 3. pictures etc. I will integrate it into a web page linked to the VA page.

I have never had a complaint about publishing living persons information since birth and marriage information is in the public domain. It's only the notes that might contain personal information that someone might object to. (depends on what you have on your relatives) Other than someone objecting the notes will get published too unless you don't want them to and then I can set the option to not include the notes.

So, in short, if you collect all the information I'll put it in a section of the VA page.

Harold R. Van Aken - VA Webmaster

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to Original Article:

I was talking to Ann a few weeks ago about a Web Page for Isaac's family. I only have GEDCOM so far.

How do I get it put with your Web?

Must I take all living people out of it?

I have a lot of people but never got to ask if I could put there families on the WEB.

Can I just send my family GEDCOM to you and let you do it for me?

Do I take all the notes out of it?