Return to Website

Van Aken Forum

Questions, Answers, Genealogy Help, Lost Cousins, Search, History

Van Aken Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John VanAuker of Struthers, Ohio

Ida VanAuker married Alfred James Gough and they lived in Struthers, Ohio sometime between 1888 and 1920. Ida's brothers was John VanAuker who owned lots of land in Struthers, Mahoning County, Ohio. I married into the Gough family and heard tales of John VanAuker and what a character he was. People were told to get out of his way if they ever saw him driving down the road because he didn't stop, and crazy little tid bits like that. I know that he gave land to the railroad so that they could run their line through the north side of town. I also know that he was a land owner because it just so happened that my parents bought property in Struthers and according to the Deed, it was located in "Plat No. 52, in Van Auker Heights...." Can anyone help me find more information on Ida and John and perhaps their parents?

Re: John VanAuker of Struthers, Ohio

Hi Marilyn!

I have John Van Auker on the line: Marinus Abraham, Daniel, Absolom m Ruth Barnes, John Wesley married Sylvia Jackson, Ida VA (1868-1916) married Fred Gough and the children were Phillip, Willis, Dorothy, Fred.

I have two subscribers to the VA/VA Newsletter that are related on the line: Margaret Van Auker and Donna Magill. They are related to Robert VA, brother of Ida. Margaret and Donna are not on email. If you will contact me thru my email address (acroston@aol.com) we can discuss the line further. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ann

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ida VanAuker married Alfred James Gough and they lived in Struthers, Ohio sometime between 1888 and 1920. Ida's brothers was John VanAuker who owned lots of land in Struthers, Mahoning County, Ohio. I married into the Gough family and heard tales of John VanAuker and what a character he was. People were told to get out of his way if they ever saw him driving down the road because he didn't stop, and crazy little tid bits like that. I know that he gave land to the railroad so that they could run their line through the north side of town. I also know that he was a land owner because it just so happened that my parents bought property in Struthers and according to the Deed, it was located in "Plat No. 52, in Van Auker Heights...." Can anyone help me find more information on Ida and John and perhaps their parents?