Return to Website

Van Aken Forum

Questions, Answers, Genealogy Help, Lost Cousins, Search, History

Van Aken Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: lost relatives

Hi! I have a Charles b 1861, son of Abram and Mary Lundergun. I also have a wife (?)Malissa Van Akin b 1866 with son Ansen and dau Florence M in 1900 Pottawotomie KS in 1900. Also have dates for Owen F as 1885-1967. Please let me know if this information fits with yours.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

trying to locate family of Charles E. Van Aken (son of A.f. and Mary) b.@1862 in PA. Has son Owen F. and daughter Florence May.

Re: Re: lost relatives

This is a compilation of information from a letter from Vanette Van Aken Palmer and the VA Index that lists this line as Unknown:

. Abram F. Van Aken born 1837 (VA index lists as 1814) in PA

wife - Mary Lundergun born 1840 in NJ

.. Martha Van Aken

.. Henry Van Aken

.. Charles E. Van Aken born 1861 in PA

wife - Milissa Ann Gager - born in Canada

... Owen F. Van Aken born 12/5/1885 in Waterville, KA died in Alva OK in 1967

.... Vanett Van Aken

husband Palmer

.. Abraham Van Aken born 1866 died in Northville, Mich

wife1 - Hattie Withee

... Harriet Van Aken

... Ruth Van Aken

... Vera Van Aken

... Mercie Van Aken

wife2 - Mariam White

... John A. Van Aken

... Kathryn Van Aken

If you have any information on this line it would mean a lot to me

Vanette Van Aken Palmer

Replying to:

Hi! I have a Charles b 1861, son of Abram and Mary Lundergun. I also have a wife (?)Malissa Van Akin b 1866 with son Ansen and dau Florence M in 1900 Pottawotomie KS in 1900. Also have dates for Owen F as 1885-1967. Please let me know if this information fits with yours.

Replying to:

trying to locate family of Charles E. Van Aken (son of A.f. and Mary) b.@1862 in PA. Has son Owen F. and daughter Florence May.

Re: Re: Re: lost relatives

Unfortunately some of this information is incorrect. I apologize for jumping to conclusions with my first response.

On the basis of further research I now believe the line is: Marinus, Cornelius, Jacobus, Garrett, Benjamin Cole and Elizabeth Van Vredenburgh, Aaron F and Mary Ann Fuller, Charles E.and Malissa Gager, Owen F, Vanett.

The dates and places are a much better fit. Aaron F (1838 PA-1892) and Mary Ann Van Aken (b NJ)went to Blue Rapids, Marshall Co, KS and are listed there in 1870. The son of Charles E and Malissa, Owen F, was born in Waterville, KS just a short distance from Blue Rapids. Malissa, Owen, and sister, Florence, are listed on the 1900 census in Pottawatomie Co which is situated next to Marshall Co.

I am continuing to document the family in KS.

Replying to:

This is a compilation of information from a letter from Vanette Van Aken Palmer and the VA Index that lists this line as Unknown:

. Abram F. Van Aken born 1837 (VA index lists as 1814) in PA

wife - Mary Lundergun born 1840 in NJ

.. Martha Van Aken

.. Henry Van Aken

.. Charles E. Van Aken born 1861 in PA

wife - Milissa Ann Gager - born in Canada

... Owen F. Van Aken born 12/5/1885 in Waterville, KA died in Alva OK in 1967

.... Vanett Van Aken

husband Palmer

.. Abraham Van Aken born 1866 died in Northville, Mich

wife1 - Hattie Withee

... Harriet Van Aken

... Ruth Van Aken

... Vera Van Aken

... Mercie Van Aken

wife2 - Mariam White

... John A. Van Aken

... Kathryn Van Aken

If you have any information on this line it would mean a lot to me

Vanette Van Aken Palmer

Replying to:

Replying to: