Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for location of booklet " Four Years for the Union by James Vanorsdol"

The State Historical Society in Iowa City would have a copy, but they are unlikely to let you xerox it.

Other locales

The book referred to is also at the Wichita Public Library. It is also on microfilm at the Mid-Continent Public Library in the Kansas City area; the Library of Michigan in Lansing; the Princeton University Library; and the University of Oklahoma Library.

If these facilities are not within driving distance, I would recommend you try obtaining it through interlibrary loan at your local library. Perhaps they might be able to obtain one of the microfilmed copies.

Re: Looking for location of booklet " Four Years for the Union by James Vanorsdol"

The Iowa State Historical Society in Des Moines has a copy on Microfilm and it may be copied. I got mine from there. They have a website with their telephone #. Hope this helps.

Charles