Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thomas Taylor 7th Tennessee Cavalry Company:Stevens

My ggrandfather, Thomas Taylor (no middle name or initial) fought in the 7th Tennesse Cavalry, Steven's Company under N.B. Forest.
The only information I have is that his regiment was captured at "Cross-roads" and was taken to Alton, Ill.
Thomas was taken off at St. Louis because he was ill and served his time as a prisoner at Jefferson Barracks. He was paroled about the 6th or 7th of April 1864.
He was born in Perryville, Tn., so I assume that he joined and was mustered from that general area.
Any information or suggestions that would help me get some additional information on him would be greatly appreciated.
I am beginning to feel like the "smily face" you see turning round and round and round!!
Thank you.
blweber22@aol.com

Re: Thomas Taylor 7th Tennessee Cavalry Company:Stevens

You might try this webboard:

http://history-sites.com/cgi-bin/boards/tncwmb/

There are many kind people on the civil war by state message boards that are willing to go out of their way to help people with geneological inquiries.