Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Edward Lingard

Hi

While trawling the sites discovered that my 3xgt grandmother's brother-in-law, Edward Lingard, served in Company's E and H of the 26 Iowa Infantry between 9 August 1862 and 4 September 1863 when he was discharged due to disablement. At the time of enlistment he was 37 years old and residence in De Witt.

Edward came from the Wrawby area of Lincolnshire, England, he married my 3 x gtaunt Esther Smith in Wrawby in 1846.

He later became a farmer and was still around for the 1901 census. I would be interested to hear if anyone has come across him.

All the best
Janine Sansom (jandasan@btinternet.com)

Re: Edward Lingard

Have you checked the cemetery in Ottho Iowa where Ester is buried.
Bob

Re: Re: Edward Lingard

Hi Bob

Thank you for your message. I haven't checked the cemetery in Ottho, mainly because I didn't know that was where Esther was buried but also as I live in Derby, England.

My research of Esther and Edward is in its infancy, but I have some cousins in the US who may be able to help.

Thanks again.
Janine