Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Review of new Camp Pope book: Vanishing Footprints

My conclusion:

"... Certainly any researcher or reader with a critical interest in the 22nd Iowa regiment will want to add this volume to his library, but the usefulness of Vanishing Footprints is broader than that. Insights into many obscure Civil War campaigns are prevalent and Pryce's observant and engaging writing is always quotable. Jeffry Burden's very heavy, yet ultimately respectful, excising and editing is a finely managed achievement in publication, a successful completion of the daunting task of transforming a messy manuscript into publishable form. Well done all around."

See the full review at: http://cwba.blogspot.com/2008/09/pryce-ed-burden-vanishing-footprints.html

Re: Review of new Camp Pope book: Vanishing Footprints

Thanks, Drew. I appreciate the kind words, as I know Clark does, and I certainly admire your discriminating taste in regimental histories. :-)