Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 32nd Iowa Inf.

Thanks Steve I will check with my library on getting it on loan.

Clem

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The regimental history of the 32nd Iowa is by John Scott, called "Story of the Thirty Second Regiment Iowa Volunteers", published in 1896. It is very hard to find, and not out in reprint anywhere. Your best bet would be to try some university library. Maybe interlibrary loan could get you one, but I doubt it. It is a great book, one of the best regimentals I've ever seen, and why it hasn't been reprinted I can not imagine. But it should have something on what you're looking for.

Replying to:

Hello I am Captain Clem Papineau of the Arkansas National Guard. I am working on an article for the guard on the Battle of Brownsville, AR August 25th 1863. The 32nd was involved in this battle looking for first person accounts and where to locate pictures of the unit and soldiers. Thank You

Re: Re: Re: 32nd Iowa Inf.

Clem, This is a link to my GGGrandfather Smith T.Conlee. He was in both the 32nd and 8th Iowa Infantry. We're not sure when it was taken, but I'd guess when he enlisted (62'I think). The CDV has a Davenport backmark, but I can't verify for sure he was at Brownsville.

Zack Ziarnek

http://iowa-counties.com/civilwar/images/Smith%20T%20CW.jpg

Replying to:

Thanks Steve I will check with my library on getting it on loan.

Clem

Replying to:

The regimental history of the 32nd Iowa is by John Scott, called "Story of the Thirty Second Regiment Iowa Volunteers", published in 1896. It is very hard to find, and not out in reprint anywhere. Your best bet would be to try some university library. Maybe interlibrary loan could get you one, but I doubt it. It is a great book, one of the best regimentals I've ever seen, and why it hasn't been reprinted I can not imagine. But it should have something on what you're looking for.

Replying to:

Hello I am Captain Clem Papineau of the Arkansas National Guard. I am working on an article for the guard on the Battle of Brownsville, AR August 25th 1863. The 32nd was involved in this battle looking for first person accounts and where to locate pictures of the unit and soldiers. Thank You