Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Commander of 6th Iowa Inf??

Still looking for commander of 6th Iowa in sept 61. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

does anyone happen to know who was in command of the following infantry regiments around Oct 61?

25 Missouri (Union)

3rd Iowa

6th Iowa

Thanks.

Re: Commander of 6th Iowa Inf??

Nelson G. Williams commanded the 3rd Iowa until June 6, 1862. John A. McDowell commanded the 6th Iowa until March 12, 1863. I think Everett Peabody was Colonel of the 25th Missouri in fall of '61, but don't quote me on that.

Clark

Replying to:

Still looking for commander of 6th Iowa in sept 61. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Replying to:

does anyone happen to know who was in command of the following infantry regiments around Oct 61?

25 Missouri (Union)

3rd Iowa

6th Iowa

Thanks.

Re: Re: Commander of 6th Iowa Inf??

Hi Clark,

Thanks for finding this out for me. I can confirm what you found about the 3rd Ia and 25 Mo.

Drew

Replying to:

Nelson G. Williams commanded the 3rd Iowa until June 6, 1862. John A. McDowell commanded the 6th Iowa until March 12, 1863. I think Everett Peabody was Colonel of the 25th Missouri in fall of '61, but don't quote me on that.

Clark

Replying to:

Replying to:

25 Missouri (Union)

3rd Iowa

6th Iowa

Thanks.