Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gratiot Street Prison

While I was at the Midwest Civil War Collectors' Show in Chicago two weeks ago someone asked if "that new book on Gratiot Street Prison" was published yet. Does anyone know anything about such a book?

Clark

Re: Gratiot Street Prison

I could have sworn I've seen this book and read reviews about it that were very positive..but now when I try and look it up to find author and title in the book search engines I can't find a word about it. this was quite a while ago..

did you find any cool rare books on Trans Miss at the collector's show?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

While I was at the Midwest Civil War Collectors' Show in Chicago two weeks ago someone asked if "that new book on Gratiot Street Prison" was published yet. Does anyone know anything about such a book?

Clark

Re: Gratiot Street Prison

D.(Deb) E. Rule, one of the webmasters at the St. Louis Civil War site is in the process of writing a book on Gratiot. It is not finished or published according to the website.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Clark