Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Research help on a new book about Arkansas in the Civil War

To: The Group

I’m disabled and I’m working on a new book series about the Civil War in Arkansas.

The first book in this series will be:

“Arkansas Civil War Battles and Skirmishes 1861-1865” that will cover Arkansas as the battleground and the forces raised here.

I plan on offering this work to the University of Arkansas Press for editing and printing and hope that it will be used in the History Department of many schools as a research tool for others who wish to pursue this chapter in America’s history.

Any help with maps, sources/letters/diaries/journals/papers/flags of a unit/statistics of troops raised (IE: white, free black, slave ect.)*, would be of great help as well as tips on focus for the 1861-65 Arkansas troops and civilians during the war.

I would like to cover the Trans-Mississippi (West) due to the basic lack of coverage in the published genre.

The Trans-Mississippi has been left lacking for the Eastern theater and it’s grand battles without covering the importance and the overall scope of the actions and it’s consequences to the outcome of the Civil War.

Thanks for the help I'll keep you updated as well as any stuff I get will be shared with any and all as well.

As with all the books that I've looked through for form and style all contributions may be noted in footnote or caption with the work and will be in the bibliography.

Any help in passing the word along to others for publication and timeline research that may be known to your group have them contact me at this e-mail address. acesdugout@centurytel.net

Thanks to all in advance. I’ll post excerpts from time to time at this address: http://acesdugout.tripod.com/ in the Reading Room page

as well as gladly sharing any information that I find

Thank you for your time and effort.

Yours in service. James Acerra

(copies please* I know how precious these items are. Any original handwritten items sent will be scanned and sent back as soon as possible, unless otherwise noted in the owners request for use.)

© Copyright 2002 by James Acerra