Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Concerning Jerry Ponder

I will be glad to email "The military Record of Mj James Wilson" to any interesed parties. Contact me at willbacon@charter.net

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

There is some controversy about Ponder's book on the 15th Missouri Cavalry and a supposed Christmas Day massacre in Ripley County (check out the review by Ray Burson of the book ENEMY WOMEN at http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?isbn=0060938099). That the commander of the 3rd MSM Major James Wilson and six of his men were later executed by Timothy Reeves (which act was in turn avenged by the execution of six Confederate prisoners in St. Louis). There's been a lot of interest in the fate of Wilson. I remember getting calls from someone who was working on an article or something about it. I recently received a long document in the form of a timeline of the life of James Wilson from a Willard Bacon, who wanted me to post it on my web site. I declined that suggestion, as Mr. Bacon's cover letter stated that this was written in response to the fact that Jerry Ponder "consistantly misrepresents facts about Mj James Wilson," and I didn't want my site, the purpose of which is to sell books, to become the focus of a feud over Jerry Ponder. Anyway, the piece by Willard Bacon was very detailed and ought to be published somewhere. I suggested he post it himself and CPB would link to it, but I never heard back from him about htat idea.

Clark