Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battle of Athens

One of the TMN mentions a book called Battle of Athens by Ben Dixon. I assume it is still OP. and all the used book searches come up with zero. Anyway, is this a scholarly work about the battle?

Re: Battle of Athens

Ben Dixon was a local-born historian who wrote several little pamphlets about the Battle of Athens in the 1960s. In 1991, another local historian Patricia Mullinix combined Dixon's booklets with some other material in a hodgepodge paperback which sold very well, but is long out of print. I have been corresponding for years with a man who is writing a book on Athens and wants me to publish it; I haven't heard anything from him lately. The Dixon book would be a good one to bring back if only because of all the old newspaper articles in it. But it was just a xerox of Dixon's books, which were mostly just typewritten themselves.

Clark

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

One of the TMN mentions a book called Battle of Athens by Ben Dixon. I assume it is still OP. and all the used book searches come up with zero. Anyway, is this a scholarly work about the battle?