Return to Website

Camp Pope Bookshop

Welcome to the Civil War in the Trans-Mississippi! This is a place where all who share an interest in the Civil War fought west of the Mississippi River can gather to ask questions, share information, and announce news.

Camp Pope Bookshop
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Apparently new Price Raid book coming out

I see Dr. Sinisi mentions this as a forthcoming book on his website (http://citadel.edu/citadel/otherserv/hist/teachers/sinisi.htm); so far Scholarly Resources is not listing it on their website.

Clark

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Rumor mill. “The Last Hurrah: The Price Raid of 1864” by Dr. Kyle Sinisi. to be published by Scholarly Resources. Someone posted a message about this on one of the CW boards. I've reviewed 3 SR books for magazines and have read others and have found them to be rather brief, engagingly written overviews aimed at a fairly general audience but I hope this one will be good. Waitin' for a good price's raid book for a long time.

Re: Re: Apparently new Price Raid book coming out

yeah, I couldn't find it on SR's website either.

Replying to:

I see Dr. Sinisi mentions this as a forthcoming book on his website (http://citadel.edu/citadel/otherserv/hist/teachers/sinisi.htm); so far Scholarly Resources is not listing it on their website.

Clark

Replying to:

Rumor mill. “The Last Hurrah: The Price Raid of 1864” by Dr. Kyle Sinisi. to be published by Scholarly Resources. Someone posted a message about this on one of the CW boards. I've reviewed 3 SR books for magazines and have read others and have found them to be rather brief, engagingly written overviews aimed at a fairly general audience but I hope this one will be good. Waitin' for a good price's raid book for a long time.

Looks like around Fall 2005

I contacted the author. It looks like Fall 2005 if things go as planned. He said for Fall 2003 he has another book called "Sacred Debts" from Fordham Press which is about the political and economic consequences of the raid (no military history).

Replying to:

yeah, I couldn't find it on SR's website either.

Replying to:

Clark

Replying to:

Re: Looks like around Fall 2005

I've been working on a book about this for some time myself and would like to see this one very much. Is there any news on its appearance as yet?

Re: Re: Looks like around Fall 2005

If anyone would know it would be Drew, the OP. Email him (from his blog).
Clark