Return to Website

Law Discussion Forum

Welcome to Law Discussion Forum. Feel free to post your discussion message queries & feedback replies.

Community Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confusion in ancestral property

My late great grandfather LGGF has 3 sons (Late GF1, LGF2, LGF3) and 2 daughters (LGD1,LGD2). Our LGGF along with three sons have purchased properties when there are together and later he expired around that timeout three GFs have divided the properties in equal partitions and start living separately with separate clear titles on each names.

Our GF i.e. LGF3 has one son (LGF3-S) and two daughters (LGF3-D1 , LGF3-D2). These daughters were married in 1978 and 1982 to son’s of LGD1 and LGD2 respectively along with stridan and gold and other belongings.

After few years around 90’s LGF3-D1,D2, both of them have asked for property. So my LGF3 and my father LGF3-S have given them 1 plot each in property 1 through notaries in. After few years LGF3-D2 has sold her property as a sale deed to some third party without any signatures of our family members.

My LGF3 has sold parts of lands for marriages and also mortgaged the property4 for marriages of LGF3-D1,D2 to outsiders. Later my father LGF3-S has cleared the mortgage and got land back. Even LGF3 helped LGF3-D1 to purchase land in some other place which is still there and also gave money whenever he sold land to LGF3-D1,D2 and LGF3-S has bared all the family responsibilities and spendings of family and also gave money to LGF3-D1,D2 for their requirements.

My grandfather has gift deeded some property in name of me LGF3-Grand Son (LGF3-GS1) and my brother (LGF3-GS2) (Property 1, 2,3) in 2005 and with the oral understanding that left over unregistered land will be for my two sisters LGF3-GD1, GD2 and father and LGF3 has expired in 2007.

In later years LGF3-D1 has got gift deeded the property in her name from my grandmother LGF3-Wife without signatures of LGF3-Son or grand children in 2007. Also in year 2016 both LGF3-D1,D2 got two more plots gift deeded from my grandmother LGF3-Wife in property-1 once again without signatures of LGF3-Son or grand children which is witnessed by LGF2-Son and Husband of LGF3-GD1. We asked my grandmother recently about this and she said that let it go as now all properties are registered and everyone would be happy as plots are allotted to all.

So my father got the left over property in his name i.e. in passbooks and title deeds along with 1 more acre which is he has purchased from another grandfather GF2 after marriages of LGF3-D1,D2 and this entire two acres land (Property 4) went in ceiling from 1996 to till date and for which govt recently in 2017 has awarded some part 20% as compensation. LGF3-S has spent so much money on this for lawyers, for clearing mortgage, dharnas, and other association fees I these 20 years no one bothered about this with understanding nothing will come out and allotment is already done among family members.

In this property 4, our father thought of giving 4 equal share to our four siblings (LGF3-GS1, GS2, GD1 & GD2) thinking his share to sons and share received from LGF3 to daughters as thought by LGF3 and his wife.

Can we call property held by LGF3-GS1,2 and LGF3-Son as ancestral property and can LGF3-D1,D2 have share?

Is it suitable to fight the case as the LGF3-D1,D3 bugging the family for third time even after giving the land twice?

Will the gift deeds done by LGF3 to his grand children stand without any harm?

Shri Kapadwanj Dasa Shrimali Vanik Panch provided by Bravenet.com