Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sevylor hunter fisher

I am looking at buying a sevylor HF inflatable boat for lake fishing and would like all the feed back i can get. thanks DEAN.

Re: sevylor hunter fisher

To me The sevylor fish hunters are "ok" rafts.
Good for ponds. If you want a high quality inflatable
boat, look into zodiac or sea eagle. I just bought
the Sea Eagle 9.6..Man!! what a difference from my old
Fish hunter. The material and seems are so much
stronger. Built in transom can hold a 8HP motor, and
folds up to fit in my eagel talon. If your gonna use
this as your main boat, go with the sea eage or zodiac
boat...ED

you may have already bought your boat, as I just saw your mail, but I agree with the other person whoemailed you. I haven't owned a sevylor but have owned a eagle 10' and the only reason I sold it was becasue my wife didn't want to help me carry it as becasue of the floor boards and construction weighs about 50lbs more than the sevylor. I had a chance to look at the sevylor and there is a world of diference, but DON"T DRAG either boat, as they are suspectible to tear and holes. I knew better and dragged it a few feet and came home with a deflated pontoon. The eagle is made of a much tougher material although you can buy a protective bag for the sevylor. If weight is no problem and you have help carrying the boat or you can buy transport dollies I would spend the extra $100-$200 a go with the eagle-you won't be sorry. I'm sorry I sold mine as it was twice the baot a porta-bote is(but the wife is happy
and I don't need another ex-wife)!!!!

ja dee, What model SEA EAGLE did you have? And
what did you replace it with? ED

Re: Re: sevylor hunter fisher

Sorry, ed your email just came through. i had the sea eagle, model unknown but it was about 12' long, with 13 inch pontoons. It was very ,very stable,we had over 500 lbs,(3 grown men each weighing avout 180 lbs, lean on one pontton and the boat barely budged. i stood up in the boat and thought I was fishing from a bass boat, in fact it rocked less than my brothers bas boat, becasue of the amount of boat surface on the water. I replaced it with a porta bote (sic), the boat you can fold up and it is only 4 inches thick. But it wasn't nearly as stable, bur it could take more abuse. So if your careful ( I never deflated my sea eagle) and don't DRAG the sea eagle,there great. But if don't tend to be too careful with things (like me) then a porta bote may be the way to go, but expect to pay about $500-700 for a porta boat and you can get a new sea eagle(a little different than mine as mine had the built in transom, where the one I loked at the other day wa a transom you had to place in a plastic sleeve on the back of the boat, serves the same purpose. Mine was a few years old, but new just the boat is only about $400.00, a porta is $1200.00 new. I have more capacity 1200lbs in my sea eagle and only 750 in the porta boate which was plenty as it was only me to fish out of it. I sold the porta bote and will probably buy another sea eagle as they look like they are constructed better than some of the other brands at the same price point. a zodiac is a vey good raft to but they are too pricey as i only use the boat 3 or 4 times a year. You could look on ebay and probably find a sea eagle,fairly cheap. I had 15 calls on my porta bote and could have sold it for $300.00 more than what I did. Go to porta-bote.com and sea eagle. com they can give you all the information you need, but it is always nice to talk to someone first hand on what is nice. I wouldn't take either on a BIG lake, not enough horespower and not deep enough if the wind comes up, but small bodies of water they are great.I talk to much good luck on whatever you decide. Also sea eagle customer service is great, i called them and they were awesome, they shipped me a repair kit in days and it was priced reasonable. regards JD

Dean,

I have the Fish hunter 360, and I LOVE it! I am not sure why the negative posts?
I have had NO problems with it after having it out 5 times now. Good Luck, TP