Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for parts for a truly ANCIENT outboarder (Mercury 4)

Hello everybody,

It might be bad form to start a board career with "please help me"...but, honestly, I do need help. Big time.

That said, I am a proud owner of an inflatable, for which I recently bought an ancient outboarder (Mercury 4, Serial Number 9258016).
It turned out that the outboarder was in a truly horrible condition, and several parts are broken and need to be replaced.

I am from Germany, and to make matters worse, the outboarder is not only old but originally was produced for the US market, which makes it absolutely impossible to obtain any spare parts in Germany or Europe. Consequently, I am now busy searching for a shipping company/vendor in the US that still has access to the spare parts I am looking for. So far, I only found one vendor (www.mercruiserparts.com; pardon me if giving links is frowned upon, tell me and I´ll remove it immediately). There, I can obtain some, but not all parts.

If one of you would be able to give me a list of some US vendors (My weak google skills can't find any others *blush*) you know, that would be a real, real blast.

Right now, I am without _any_ engine for my inflatable since I sold the old one - and, of course, holidays are drawing closer by the minute, so time is of essence - as usual :)

Thanks in advance, and again, please forgive my brash intrusion :)

torque