Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sea Eagle or Saturn

Yeaph, my OB is a Mercury 15HP 2 stroke, which is quite easy to deal with, even with just one person.

With that said, in the US you can't get a 2 stroke anymore, so your choice goes back to 114 Lbs of metal to be carried around. If your boating party includes 2 guys, then it still shouldn't be too much of an issue to deal with. Keep in mind that you ordered the wheels, so carrying should only be from the vehicle to the transom (boat fully assembled) and then steered to the water which will be a breeze. Once there ON the water, load the rest, gas tank, fishing gear, etc.

My advice...get the 20HP 4 stroke...That is as much as you'll be able to carry reasonably safe and you won't be underpowered, unless you want to go from Seattle to Hawaii on this boat in which case you'll have too little boat anyways!!

Once you get too little outboard, the only way to change that is spending a lot more money on a trade-up. This comes from somebody eeeaaaggggeeeerrr to get a new 20HP Mercury 4 stroke, but sadly short of funds for the moment to even go fishing

Now, the 15HP will be rather decent in getting you back and forth, in my case I just feel is not enough. The best thing you could have is to try out both on YOUR boat to help you out make up your mind, but that's rather difficult.

Good luck with your choice.

Omar

hey Joe, any updates on your boat?

I love this boat. Although you have to deal with some setup time, it stored away in my basement and its now ready for another season. So far I have only taken it out twice this year due to the weather, but it will definitly get its use. Due to HP resrictions at some of the lake, I got a great deal on a 9.9 HP 4 stroke Nissan which surpising pushes the boat very well.