Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
transporting a RIB, motor size for a RIB

I'm looking into purchasing my first boat, a small inflatable 8-11ft, and am leaning towards a RIB for performance and ease of set-up. Unfortunately as I do my research I am finding more questions than answers. Currently I'm trying to figure out if a RIB is even an option because I don't have a place for a trailer. Does anyone know the minimum size RIB can be transported without a trailer? Do I at least need a truck or SUV? Or more to the point, would I be able to put one on on top of my car? Does anyove make a rough rack for small RIB's?

Re: transporting a RIB, motor size for a RIB

gday mate
i work for a zodiac dealer and you will find the there are many ribs that will suit your needs.
up to a 3.4 meter in the cadet series will easily fold down and fit into the boot of a standard sedan, you just need somewhere to put your motor as well. this is why i would suggest a 2 stroke as they dont mind being transported on their side

a great budget package that will keep on going everyday is a zodiac cadet340 s with a 2 stroke 15hp outboard

this is a marine ply floor boat, that folds down into one bad weighing only 52 kg. otherwise you could look at a 340 fastroller with the same motor, this boat only weighs 38 kg.

best of luck and happy boating