Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
heaviest outboard you hand-carry

ok, this question is tricky, what´s the heaviest outboard you carry by hand and how difficult is that?

I'm wondering as looking at the outboard options to eventually replace my 15HP 78 Lbs. 2 stroke, what I'm looking at is either a 20HP 4 stroke which weighs about 114 Lbs. or a 25 HP 4 stroke which weighs about 157 Lbs. The later being my first option but fear it might be too heavy or cumbersome to lift and handle between 2 average Joe guys. All lifting required is from the back of the truck to the transom (boat has wheels) and then from the transom to the truck and of course unload from the truck to a carrying/storing dolly.

Thanks,

Omar

Re: heaviest outboard you hand-carry

Hi Omar,

I'm trying to give some life to this thread because I'm pretty much wondering the same thing. I need a 9.8 hp engine and the four strokes weigh 81 lbs. I'm afraid that might be too much to carry, even for short distances. It's awfully hard to find 2 strokes in the US.

For you, the difference between 114 and 157lbs seems like a lot. I usually go with the most horsepower I can get, but I would think you'd need two people to pick up a 157 lb engine and put it on the transom. Even 114 lbs seems like a lot. You must be pretty strong buddy.