Return to Website

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum

Welcome to our inflatable boats forum. Feel free to post a message.

Profanity, racist comments and other postings done in poor taste will be removed immediately and your IP will be banned form this service. 

All Inflatables.com Inflatable Boat Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12.6SR Sea Eagle would like to power it!

I have an 6yr old 12.6 and love it. We have been using it with a 55lb thrust Riptide since new on small ponds. We leave it on trailer for spring and summer. Since my son is older now, electirc is kind of boring. We have plenty of saltwater here in RI to enjoy and fish. I am considering a Mercury 25 EFI 4 stroke to power it. Max. HP for boat is 30, max weight is 150lbs. This motor will max. the weight. Comments please! Will 9.9hp be plenty for 2 or 3 people or should I go for the 25hp?

Thanks!

Frank

Re: 12.6SR Sea Eagle would like to power it!

If it's only a few pounds over, it's not going to be an issue, but double check if legally you can have that outboards as it exceeds the mfgrs specs.

Take it from someone who has used it's 12.6 Seaeagle with a 15HP for the last 10 years, go with the largest outboard you can afford and avoid the never ending thought of "what if"

A 20HP would most likely serve your needs also quite nicely if the 25 is out of the question due to the weight issue.

Would you be able to get a 2 stroke instead? There's an internet company selling 25HP Yamahas in the US, that may overcome the weight issue, but it's a 2 stroke...if that's important to you.

good luck!