Labrador Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Judges

There is a call in the Philippine dog show scene for judges who are fair and beyond reproach in their objectivity. It is now up to the people at the helm to do what is right and to ensure the impartiality of the dog show scene. I have my doubts about these people but I sincerely hope they rise above their parochial concerns and prove me wrong.

In another light, I am proud to say that the people leading this effort are doctors like me...proud sons of Hippocrates! You made me believe again that there is a room for decency and fairness there. It was never the losing or winning. To lose in a fair competition is honorable! But if you remove the fairness and impatiality in the competition, that is totally disdainful and must never be tolerated!

Re: Judges

I am glad that people are uniting behind the move to try to stop the irregularites in the Philippine Dog shows. I hope people are really motivated by the belief these irregularities in whatever form is a contagion that weakens all of us and must be stamped out as soon as we can! I do not agree with the observation that it only concerns the people who are directly involved and not all of us. We all have something at stake with this. Dog shows must be a model of fairness and its results must remain blemish free.

I agree with the move that we must come up with solid procedures that will ensure the integrity and sanctity of these shows and present it to the authorities for their action.

I also think that in situations where we think irregularites are rampant, vigilance is important not just on the part of the exhibitors but also on the part of the PCCI as they are the direct supervisors of dog shows in the Philippines. On their shoulders lie the onus of keeping the dog shows in the Philippines untainted with any shenanigan.