General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: how often do you change your nappy?

I wear nappies 24/7. I use them as potty. I never use the toilet. I usually change my nappy twice a Day. One in the morning when i woke up and at night before i go to bed.

I certainly don't wait until it's full.

when I changed this morning, I could have worn it for a few more hours probably. just did something particuarly smelly so wanted to change

I'll let it get fuller if I'm unable to change at the time (if I'm doing something that requires my full attention like the shopping)

If my diaper is not full i cant change.

I'm quadriplegic. So My caregivers and husband have to change Me. One of the first things every morning before getting Me out of bed. And into My chair. Is to change My incontinence brief (diaper). Then after My morning routine and in My chair. I may need to be changed after about 3-4 hours. Then shortly after lunch maybe another 3 hours. After that perhaps early evening after dinner and once again right before bed. If I have a bowel accident I need to be changed asap. I have a feeding tube which generally makes bowel incontinence worse. Often after a tube feeding My body will leak a small amount of liquid stool. But My caregiver generally just changes the booster pad. I really only have a complete bowel accident every 2-3 days. But it can be bad and I really never know when. So I just have to use overnight products with a booster or doubled usually. As well as being kept on a bed pad or incontinence pad in My chair. Its been a nightmare. My hope is at some point I can be well enough. to have the surgery. To get a colostomy for My bowel and supra pubic catheter for My bladder. But in a ventilater and feeding tube dependent condition. My drs are reluctant. to put Me under any kind of anesthesia or surgery. Unless absolutely necessary. So who knows. You know what is best for You. But skin care is the primary concern with incontinence. The better products wick urine away from the skin better. And the less You need to be changed.

I've been diapered 24/7 since 2006 and generally know from experience when I need to change. At the very least I change my diaper every 3 to 4 hours during the day, and occasionally I'll need to change once at night. I use the ConfiDry 24/7 with a booster pad (large for daytime and extra-large for nighttime) and plastic pants. This is a good combination for me, so if I don't push the changes too far I seldom leak.

I change when I start to stink

which to be fair is quite a lot

even in a dry clean nappy I'm smelly

maybe 3/4 times per day

natalie

I really don't think people can smell a wet nappy as much as you think... I mean, we must have all been around adults in wet nappies on many occasions and not noticed. Unless you're very intimate with someone, they're unlikely to notice anything until well after you do so yourself.

I never have an odor. I use wet wipes in between showers and also wipe with cocoanut oil. I have urinary incontinence only. I do wear pull-ups and pads. Probably 4 pads and 2 pull-ups a day. Had 4 failed bladder surgeries. 3 mesh slings and 4th and last "Burch" slings. Yes.. many problems with the mesh and all three were from different manufacturers!

Several times. Most times wet in the mornings if not usually will be soon as I stand up. Then change my pull ups. Do diapers at night. Several times a day. I also hate being wet

I don't change my diaper very often. I change about 2 or 3 diapers per day

5-6 times a day. It’s expensive and I am totally tired of dealing with urinary incontinence and worrying about leakage, smelling, and cost. My PCP has referred me to a urologist. I am hoping he has something more to offer than pills and PT, both of which I have tried. I have leakage even wearing the pull up disposables. Am sick of having to change clothes so often and doing laundry all the time. I am on Lasix daily which makes problem worse I’m sure.

I have started using pads inside the disposable diaper. That way I just change the pad which costs less but still have full protection just in case.

For me it depends on whether im home or at work.. or out an about. It also depends on whether im wearing a mid-range disposable or a premium. Right now I use cloth almost exclusively so they are more absorbent than what Medicaid provides. The amount of Leakage can vary quite a bit from a few spurts to a flood that can shame any diaper not of premium quality. Thankfully the cloth system I use can easily be adapted for lighter days or heavier days with ease.

I change every few hours if my diaper is leaking or if I pooped my diaper I change it.