General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Botox question

I recently had Botox bladder injections in a hospital under sedation and have found very limited success. I was and still am completely Incontinent but perhaps when I use a clamp I might last a little longer before I have to release it. I'm lucky at least the Botox didn't completely block me so I would have to insert to relieve myself. Was it worth it - No especially since my Urologist required doing it under full sedation in a hospital. Do all Doctors require Full sedation for males in a hospital to do bladder injections? If not do you experience a lot of pain?

I have the procedure done quarterly. It helps in some senses. See I suffer from over activity, so bad Thad most of the time I don't feel the urge to go, it just flows. Now with the botox I can sure hold alot however by the time I have the sensation it's almost to late and I don't make it in time. I am looking into the bladder sling. I hope you have better luck. The procedure is not painful however i get sedated for it.

Hello,
I have an OAB and when walking etc , no sensation of voiding, can use 4/5/6 pads a day, when driving no real problem till i get out then it can be urgency. Am day 25 on Mirabegron 50mg another five weeks to go. Botox was going to be my next choice if the Mirabegron is not successful. Decision time soon!